Under-eye circles make even the best-cared-for face look tired and uncomfortable. When you're young, the problem is usually solved simply by getting plenty of sleep and rest. With age, dark circles become harder to get rid of. Fortunately, modern cosmetology can help get rid of dark circles under the eyes.
Ways to get rid of dark circles under the eyes
To remove dark circles under the eyes, various techniques are used to improve the overall condition and quality of the skin, as well as to speed up metabolic processes.
Which treatments will definitely not help?
Publicity is everything, but don't rush to the headlines!
A lifesaving way to remove dark circles is often referred to as 'laser rejuvenation'.
- Laser rejuvenation cannot improve the appearance of dark circles: the skin of the lower eyelid is already very thin and delicate, so "burning" it off with a laser is unnecessary!
Laser treatment for toning, on the other hand, can add density to the skin and is often used in the complex treatment of under-eye problems.
- RF-lift (rf-lift) also does nothing for dark circles.
- Thread lift (thread correction) - Doesn't take away the bruises and under-eye circles.
- Serums, masks and ointments.How can these products bring back lost subcutaneous fat or remove pigmented skin cells?
Get rid of dark bags with effective injections
The most popular treatments for dark circles under the eyes are lipofilling and filling in problem areas with fillers. In the first case, the patient's adipose tissue is pre-treated and injected into the lower eyelid area.
This method has been shown to be highly effective in patients with a hereditary predisposition for bags under the eyes.
Instead of fatty tissue, high-density hyaluronic acid preparations can be injected under the skin. The fillers fill in the areas under the eyes, eliminating the bags. The effect of such a procedure can last from 8 to 12 months. Botox injections also give a quick visible effect.
- The presence of deep lacrimal furrows.
- A shrunken midface due to a lack of fatty tissue.
- The presence of deep wrinkles and folds.
- Asymmetry in the face and body.
- Lack of volume in the buttocks, breasts, etc.
- All deep creases are eliminated.
- The face gains volume and a distinct shape.
- Wrinkles are smoothed out.
- The treated body parts gain volume, firmness and attractiveness.
Removing dark circles under the eyes with hardware methods
Particularly effective in most cases of bags under the eyes is microcurrent treatment. It promotes lymphatic drainage, stimulates the outflow of venous blood from the lower eyelid area and eliminates skin pigmentation in the problem area.
Laser therapy is also effective; it activates the cell regeneration process, where old cells are destroyed and new cells are formed.
Mesotherapy is a method of improving skin conditions by injecting a complex of beneficial microelements into the subcutaneous fatty tissue of problem areas.
- The presence of wrinkles of varying depths.
- Dry, flaky skin.
- Acne, acne.
- Fat deposits.
- Reduced skin turgor.
- Flabby skin.
- Baldness, seborrhoea, dandruff.
- Facial wrinkles and folds are smoothed out.
- Face and body skin becomes moisturised, firm and elastic.
- Acne disappears.
- The body is also able to break down localised fat deposits and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Scars and stretch marks are smoothed out.
- The hair stops falling out and new hair growth is stimulated.
- All skin problems in the hair area are eliminated.
Biorevitalisation - A complex of intradermal injections aimed at normalising metabolic processes. Slows down aging, triggers the natural regeneration processes of skin tissues.
Benefits of the procedure
- High efficiency. The effects of biorevitalisation are already clearly visible after your first visit to the beauty salon.
- Total security. Cosmetologists only use hyaluronic acid of synthetic, non-animal origin. It is 100% the same as the hyaluronic acid found in the human body.
- There is no pain or discomfort. Before the hyaluronic acid injections, the skin is treated with an anaesthetic, which eliminates any discomfort.
The biorevitalisation procedure lasts no more than 30 minutes, so even very busy people can find time for it. Maintaining the results is simple: just repeat the injections once every three months.
- Appearance of wrinkles, dull complexion, loss of skin elasticity.
- Dryness of the epidermis after UV exposure or winter.
- Preparation for peeling or the need for post-peeling care.
- Need for recovery from DOT rejuvenation, laser resurfacing.
Redermalisation is a modern mesotherapy treatment based on hyaluronic acid for natural skin rejuvenation.
Facial redermalisation will help you if
- You have detected the first signs of ageing. To this end, the treatment can be performed from the age of 25. Because succinic and glauric acids, when absorbed into the middle epidermis, moisturise and regenerate it, eliminating the slightest signs of age-related changes and delaying ageing. For patients aged 25-35, lower concentrations of the product are used.
- You would like to "lose" 10 years. The hyalual remodelling treatment triggers powerful regenerative processes in the skin.
- You want smoother and silkier skin, get rid of post-acne scars.
- The skin needs to recover quickly from negative influences of various kinds: atmospheric phenomena, stress from exposure to strong medication.
- You want to have baby skin for a long time and prevent the signs of ageing.
The benefits of facial redermalisation
- No side effects. Hyalual, which is used for redermalisation, contains only natural ingredients, so the likelihood of any complications and side effects is minimised.
- Deep recovery. The essence of the treatment is to replenish the missing substances in the middle layer of the epidermis and intensify the rejuvenation of the dermis.
- A great result. The feedback on facial redermalisation is always positive. The skin tightens, its structure improves, tone and firmness increase. The effect is already visible after the first treatment, but it increases after a full course of 3-4 sessions.
Anyone can afford it. Redermalisation prices make it possible for everyone to look young.
The treatment is based on the method of injecting the cells with the patient's own plasma. The platelets it contains activate tissue regeneration and stimulate the formation of new skin cells. As a result, the skin becomes more supple, moisturised and dense.
The treatment improves the metabolism and microcirculation of the skin, and the bruises disappear. A course of treatments is recommended in order to permanently remove under-eye circles.
DOT rejuvenation is a laser fractional treatment of the skin. When the laser beam is applied to the cells of the dermis and epidermis, millions of micro holes in the skin with a diameter of about 1 mm are formed. The laser rays cause pinpoint burning of old tissue and after a few days the skin firmens and the bruises under the eyes disappear. Not only can dark circles be eliminated with this procedure, but wrinkles can also be removed, thereby rejuvenating the skin.
Contouring is the correction of the nasolacrimal sulcus. The nasolacrimal sulcus area is filled with gel (hyaluronic acid), lifting the tissue away from the blood vessels, causing dark circles to disappear. This procedure is a one-off treatment, which means that the effect is immediately visible.
There are also numerous simple and inexpensive techniques found by our grandmothers and great-grandmothers:
- Cryo lotions can be used to narrow the dilated vessels that give the skin its hue. Cold spoons placed on covered eyes for a while will do the trick. Well-chilled peas placed in canvas bags can also be used.
- Salt rinses of the nasal passages can be tried. Dissolve a quarter teaspoon of sea salt in half a litre of warm water.
- Pour one teaspoon of one of the herbs or a mixture of herbs: rosemary, chamomile, cornflower or fennel into half a glass of boiling water and infuse it for ten minutes. Only use freshly prepared infusion. Practice alternating compresses at different temperatures, alternating between a cold and a hot lotion. The procedure should be repeated once every two days. The duration of treatment is up to one month. The effect can be seen after a week of use.
- Prepare a decoction of one tablespoon and a glass of water and infuse for a quarter of an hour. Soak gauze in the strained liquid and keep it on the eyelids for about ten minutes. It is good for relieving puffiness and bruises under the eyes.
- Place grated raw potatoes in a cloth and keep for ten minutes on the eyelids. Repeat the treatment once a week. The treatment duration is up to a month and a half.
- A mixture made from a teaspoon of parsley mashed in a glass or porcelain dish with a tablespoon of heavy sour cream also has an excellent whitening effect. A bowl made of metal or dissected with a knife will not do as it loses vitamin C, which is so important for the body. Apply the mixture to the eyelids and leave on for about 20 minutes. Rinse with water at room temperature. The treatment is done daily for a month and a half.
- Fresh cucumber (with sour cream), sour cream or whole milk (with white bread pulp) have also proved to be good compresses. Keep the lotions on the eyes for up to 20 minutes.
- Chop the root parsley and immediately apply the resulting pulp to closed eyes, soak for a third of an hour and then rinse off the face. Do this treatment once a week.
- Grind almond seeds into dust and mix with honey. Apply to the eye area before going to bed, gently massaging. An excellent remedy for black circles under the eyes.
- Grind mint leaves into a pulp and add a few drops of lemon juice. Make daily lotions for 10 to 15 minutes.
Prevention of dark circles around the eyes
In addition to the above methods, attention should also be paid to ways of preventing dark circles:
- A healthy and balanced diet (reducing salt intake, increasing the amount of fruit and vegetables in the diet);
- Proper daily routine and adequate sleep (walking outdoors, sleeping for at least 8 hours, reducing time spent at the computer and other popular gadgets);
- organising a healthy lifestyle (not smoking or drinking alcohol, minimising stressful situations);
- compliance with a drinking regime;
- conducting eye exercises.
Eye exercises should be done for 5 minutes a day to improve lymphatic and venous outflow. Gymnastic exercises are as follows:
- rotate your eyes for 1 minute;
- with your eyes closed, lift them up 8 times and then lower them down;
- blinking rapidly for 30 seconds;
- with your eyes open, draw the letter "V" with them.
Opinions/feedback from cosmetologists
For smoothing nasolacrimal furrows and dark circles in this area, only low-density and hygroscopic dermal fillers can be used. Such preparations are adapted directly to the periorbital area, where the skin is thin, delicate and sensitive.
It is not.
The unmodified hyaluronate included in cosmetics is unable to penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. This is due to the size of its molecules. Therefore, such products can only temporarily relieve swelling but have no effect on skin ageing. Moreover, if such creams are used in conditions of moisture deficiency, further dehydration of the skin can be achieved.
Opinions from reputable international sources on how to get rid of dark circles
- Excessive dryness of the skin around the eyes.
- the close proximity of the vasculature.
- puffiness, bags and bruises under the eyes.
- a deep lacrimal sulcus.
There can be many reasons for this: work and rest patterns, poor sleep quality, stress, smoking and drinking alcohol. The skin can also be affected by dietary factors such as deficiencies in vitamins C, K and B, dietary irregularities (e.g. excessive salt intake).
The skin around the eyes is sensitive and thin, and excessive insolation can cause pigmentation.
Shadows and bruises under the eyes can also signal some kind of illness (kidney, heart, liver).
Indications for cosmetic procedures are:
- Excessive dryness of the skin around the eyes.
- the close proximity of the vasculature.
- puffiness, bags and bruises under the eyes.
- a deep lacrimal sulcus.
A darker shade in the eye area is quite obvious. The symptoms of black circles under the eyes are not difficult to describe, but it should be made clear that this phenomenon is itself a symptom of a change in the human body.
The skin of the lower eyelid becomes thin and parchment-like. The colour of the skin changes from its natural milky colour to a darker colour. The colour in this case can vary from yellowish-brown to pinkish-black to bluish-blue.
If clinical and laboratory tests do not reveal any abnormalities in the functioning of the human body, then the diagnosis of black circles under the eyes is limited to a visual examination that does not require any special skills. By contacting a beautician with your problem you can get a consultation on correcting and concealing the signs of fatigue on the face by means of modern cosmetic products.
But that still won't solve the problem, especially if it's a symptom of a medical condition. So if a person is worried about black circles under the eyes, it is better to make an appointment with a doctor.
A qualified specialist will be able to diagnose the cause of the symptoms and, if necessary, prescribe an effective treatment.
These diagnostic techniques include:
- Visual examination of the patient.
- Clinical urinalysis.
- A blood chemistry and sugar test.
- If necessary, an appointment is made:
- Ultrasound examination of an organ 'suspected of having pathological changes'.
- And many other diagnostic methods.
Feedback from private users
The first thing I felt immediately after taking it off was...
❎ Prolonged burning of the skin. I think the situation got even worse on contact with the air, this discomfort lasts for up to 30 minutes, in general, very unpleasant.
❎It irritates the delicate skin of the eyelids, 10 minutes after taking it off, the skin and mucosa start to redden 😟. I don't think the Essence has touched the mucosa, but the fact remains that it's irritating.
❎It does nothing to relieve the swelling, visually at the expense of irritation, I even feel like the swelling is more pronounced than it was before.
To say that I was disappointed is to say nothing, the patches were a failure. Maybe it's my individual reaction, but then again, I didn't see any result, minimal moisturizing can be achieved with creams, but here, as described by the manufacturer, they should work as an express remedy, only not at all.
After a few hours with the patches, the results came out, but I can't call it stunning. The skin is moisturised and there is less puffiness, but you can get the same effect from a good eye cream with a better composition. So, I hesitated for a long time to give it a rating. It still deserves a 3+.
The patches fully met my expectations, so I can confidently recommend them.
The cost of rejuvenation of the orbital area with fillers starts at 15000 roubles. The amount of product injected depends on the extent of the problem. There are corrections for 20,000 roubles and 40,000 roubles.
The duration of the effect is 9-14 months. Divide these amounts by 1 year, during which time you will look a few years younger. Acceptable?
Before and after photos
How to quickly remove dark circles under the eyes
Dark circles under the eyes are a problem for both men and women. All of the above techniques for getting rid of them are equally suitable for both sexes.
To summarise, cosmetic products and masks have a temporary, if any, effect when dealing with bruising, so it is advisable to use them if the problem is caused by a temporary phenomenon - overwork, a work/rest regime disruption or a stressful situation. In all other cases it is worth resorting to modern methods of cosmetology.
The aesthetic defect of black eyes is an unpleasant problem, but one that can be solved.