Laminaria wraps normalise the blood supply to the skin cells and subcutaneous tissue with blood, which carries oxygen and nutrients to them and takes away unwanted metabolic waste products (toxins).
These treatments also fill the skin and mucous membranes with energy and significantly boost local immunity.
Pros and cons of kelp wraps
Opinions/feedback from cosmetologists
Moreover, if you missed the beach season this year, the seaweed wrap procedure will help you make up for the lack of iodine and other minerals and give your body the strength and energy to survive the depressing autumn-winter period in our iodine-deficiency endemic area.
Opinion of authoritative sources on kelp wraps
At the moment, there is no information in official sources about studies carried out on the kelp wrapping procedure.
Seaweed has been successfully used in cosmetology to maintain beauty and health since ancient times. They are rich in vitamins and minerals that are easily transported into the skin and absorbed into the tissues of the human body, as sea water is similar in composition to blood serum.
Laminaria contains many beneficial substances that influence the condition of the skin, the metabolic processes in the body and the activity of the lymphatic system.
- Vitamins: A, D, E, C, PP, K, B group.
- Micronutrients: Iodine, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, sulphur.
- Polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids.
Whole or ground to powder kelp is used in wraps and infusions. The kelp extract is also used in some cosmetic products.
Alginic acid is obtained from kelp. The value of this substance for cosmetology is its ability to bind large quantities of water molecules.
Alginate, a gel-like substance made from alginic acid and its salts with water, contains all the useful elements that are widely used in cosmetic products: masks, creams, scrubs.
An algae wrap is good for the body. However, there are a number of things for it contraindications:
- diabetes mellitus;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- benign and malignant tumours;
- any scratches, abrasions, cuts and irritations;
- Allergy to the ingredients used.
If you have any of the above symptoms, you should consult your doctor before the procedure. Precautions will help to avoid adverse reactions.
Algotherapy is widely used in the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system (osteochondrosis, arthrosis, scoliosis, Bechterew disease, Dupuytren's contracture and others) and also as rehabilitation therapy after injuries of the musculoskeletal system and the peripheral nervous system (residual effects of neuritis ternary and facial nerves).
Algae treatment also has a positive effect in the treatment of diseases:
- the cardiovascular system (vibration disease, Raynaud's disease)
- gastrointestinal tract out of exacerbation (chronic gastritis, peptic ulcer, adhesions)
- skin (dermatitis, psoriasis)
Feedback from private users
My verdict, I definitely recommend it! In the fight for beautiful skin, this method has a place))
I plan to take a break as I must have overdosed and after the last wrap I got an allergic rash. I will repeat the course in a little while.
My waist is now 59 (it was 64-65), my butt is noticeably tighter and there's hardly any "cellulite" left.
A spa with kelp, like other professional wraps, costs differently everywhere. But for those who use quality materials and professional specialists, the treatment can't be like beginners.
On average, the cost per treatment starts at 1,500 roubles for a single zone wrap.
Types of kelp wraps
Wraps can be done in a beauty salon, but the process is not complicated and is perfectly acceptable for home use. There are two types of algae wraps: cold and hot.
For a full body wrap, take 500 g of kelp leaf per 5 litres of water. A micronised algae treatment will require 150-200 g of powder. The ratio of algae to water is 1:4.
The pre-treatment preparation is the same for both types of treatment. Before applying kelp, you should shower and cleanse your skin with any scrub to remove dead cells for better penetration of the beneficial substances.
Cold wraps are used to activate blood flow, relieve swelling and stagnant lymph, reduce fatigue in the legs, and are indicated for varicose veins and their prevention.
- To prepare for the wrap, soak kelp in room temperature water for 1 hour. If a powder mixture is used, it should be whipped with a whisk until it is the consistency of sour cream.
- Then apply the prepared sheets or mixture to the areas to be treated and wrap with cling film. The first layer should fit tightly against the skin. Subsequent layers wrap more loosely.
- Do not cover yourself with a cold wrap.
- Leave the seaweed mask on the skin for 40-60 minutes to allow the beneficial substances to penetrate the skin.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the film and sheets and rinse the mixture off the skin with warm water. Detergents should not be used. Next, wipe dry with a towel and apply moisturising cream or lotion.
Cold wraps are performed in courses of 10-15 sessions, 2-3 days apart. It takes at least 1.5 months to repeat the course.
A hot wrap helps to dilate blood vessels, increase blood circulation and break down fat.
- To prepare the seaweed for a hot wrap, soak it in 50-60ºC water for 20 minutes.
- The prepared mass is applied to the skin after it has been cleansed with a scrub. You can have a warming massage before the hot wrap.
- Wrap the surfaces to be treated in clingfilm and wrap with a towel for better heating. The treatment lasts between 50 minutes and 1 hour.
- The cover, film and seaweed are removed, the skin is rinsed with warm water and a body cream or fucus extract is applied.
A course of hot wraps consists of 5-7 sessions. It is performed twice a year.
Before and after photos
Laminaria wrap reviews
Cosmetic treatments are recommended not only for women, but also for men. The acceleration of blood flow in men increases the amount of vitality and increases male capabilities.
How the procedure is carried out
The algae wrap procedure consists of 4 steps.
First stage - preparatory (15 minutes)
Soak the seaweed in clean, hot water while you shower before the treatment. A warming massage then begins, which progresses smoothly into an exfoliation.
Second stage - peeling (15 minutes)
The peeling treatment uses kelp mineral concentrate, which is distributed over the entire surface of the skin with gentle massaging movements. During the peeling, the skin should be kept moist, using an aqueous kelp extract sprayer.
The third stage is a kelp sheet wrap (approx. 50 minutes)
After soaking, the algae have "come to life", increased in size and the liquid has become jelly-like. The practitioner lays the kelp on a special foil and you lie down with your back on the algae surface. Some of the kelp sheets are distributed over the front surface of the body, as well as the thighs. The film is wrapped around the body and the resulting 'cocoon' is covered with a blanket. Now comes the most enjoyable part of the treatment. While you relax deeply and may even fall asleep, the body actively eliminates toxins and absorbs kelp's beneficial substances.
Stage four - completion (10 minutes)
After removing the cocoon, a small amount of fucus oil extract is applied to the body with gentle rubbing motions. After the treatment, the skin is smooth, silky, supple and moisturised. A course of seaweed wrap (5-7 treatments) is an excellent cellulite prevention and therapy and is recommended for more effective and gentler weight loss. Two courses per year are recommended to achieve a long-lasting effect.
The essence of the wrap is as follows: Algae is applied to the problem areas (stomach, thighs, buttocks) and secured with cling film. The treatment can be performed in two ways:
- cold - kelp soaked in cool water is placed on the skin;
- Hot - Soak algae in hot water, apply to the body and cover with a thermal blanket to create a steam bath effect.
One treatment lasts an hour on average. It takes place in two stages: first the kelp is applied and after it has dried and removed, the skin is moisturised. To achieve a good result, the entire course must be completed, which includes 10 sessions. The skin will then be smoothed and the flabbiness and "orange peel" will disappear.
It also removes toxins from the body, so you can get rid of excess weight.
Laminaria wraps are a cosmetic treatment that helps to get rid of cellulite, improve skin tone and reduce the amount of fat. Sessions in beauty salons are expensive, and it is difficult for the modern woman to find time out of her busy daily schedule. The alternative is wraps at home.
It is possible to enhance the effect of kelp with the addition of essential oils, honey or other slimming stimulants.