Lip augmentation with injections is a fairly quick but painful procedure. You should choose your beautician carefully, read reviews and look at his work.
The result of the augmentation lasts for at least 1 year on average. However, the injection of the product can be painful. In addition, bruises and hard lumps remain on the lips for some time, after about a week they disappear.
Pros and cons of the lip augmentation procedure
Opinions/feedback from cosmetologists
An anaesthetic is applied to the lip area, which relieves all sensation of pain during the correction of the lip shape. Often, a small percentage of the filler also contains an anaesthetic, making the procedure as comfortable as possible for the patient.
Hyaluronic acid can be additionally injected to correct such deficiencies. It is the substance that forms the basis of lip augmentation products. Once in the skin, it stores moisture, resulting in wrinkles, improved firmness and increased local tissue volume.
Opinion of reputable international sources on lip augmentation
Method. A 52-year-old man underwent two sessions of treatment for everted lips. An evaluation of the lips was carried out one week later. The second treatment session was carried out 30 months after the first treatment with 1 ml of filler.
Results: The introduction of the filler not only resulted in a significant improvement in colour, but also improved the overall appearance of the face. The results of this treatment were long-lasting, and even 30 months after the first treatment session still showed an improvement of ten percent compared to baseline.
Conclusion: dermal lip filler treatment for men can be a very pleasant and rewarding procedure.
This procedure has been called the "step-by-step Φ technique". First, "step-by-step" because we never inject more than 1-1.5 ml of HA in 1 session, and "phi" because we apply a golden ratio of 1.618, commonly known as Φ, to determine the correct points for injection. Using a special caliper, we identified 3-4 points in each upper half of the lip.
On the lower lip, we use the same caliper to again determine the correct injection points. If necessary, the next 2 sessions are carried out 15-30 days apart.
The results obtained:
Our method was used in 833 patients. The mean age was 30.2 years (range: 18-72 years) and most patients were very satisfied. With this technique, we avoid serious complications such as arterial embolism or venous occlusion, as well as unnatural results. The most common side effects were swelling, redness and mild pain.
The step-by-step method Φ is safe, easy to learn and apply, and can provide natural lip augmentation results.
There is no preparation or strict recovery period
The procedure can be started on the day of treatment, as long as the patient is not found to have any contraindications. Almost immediately after the treatment, the patient returns to normal activities, following the doctor's simple recommendations.
The result of the treatment is noticeable immediately after the session.
Thanks to anaesthesia, the patient does not feel much discomfort during the procedure.
Time of procedure
The procedure usually lasts no more than an hour.
Duration of action
If the doctor's recommendations are followed, the effect will last up to a year and a half. At the end of this period, the fillers will be completely eliminated from the body by the lymphatic system. There will be no scars, scars or other traces left at the injection site. After that, the procedure can be repeated.
The procedure can be performed on both men and women.
- Allergic reactions.
- Inflammatory reactions.
- Gel bulging and migration.
- An infection has set in.
Clinics use safe hypoallergenic hyaluronic acid preparations. However, this method is contraindicated for some categories of patients.
Lip augmentation is not performed:
- persons under 18 years of age;
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women;
- Persons with blood clotting disorders;
- for herpes and oral skin infections;
- in autoimmune diseases;
- if you are allergic to an anaesthetic;
- if there is already filler in the lips;
- for scars and scars in the lip area;
- In the case of chronic illnesses (a consultation with a specialist physician is required).
Lip contouring with biodegradable fillers is recommended in the following cases:
- individual preferences (a desire to make your lips more voluminous and expressive);
- disproportionate size of upper and lower lips;
- the aftermath of trauma and unsuccessful plastic surgery (scars and scars);
- too thin, flat lips.
"Ant-age" therapy (rejuvenation):
- Lowering of the corners of the mouth;
- an uneven or indistinct lip contour;
- dryness of the red fringe, flaking, pale lips;
- multiple wrinkles, skin folds near the mouth.
Injectable lip augmentation is an aesthetic procedure that is performed only at the request of the patient. Correction with hyaluronic acid gel is possible at any age, provided there are no contraindications.
Feedback from private users
I've also started to like my profile, as it used to be much worse for lack of an upper lip. Now my lips are the same size and look organic.
I was happy with the result, but knew that I would need to do another 0.5 in my lips soon.
Another thing I have noticed is that my lips are no longer dry, I used to even have a crust on my lips from dryness. Now they are soft and nourished, no dryness. It's all the beneficial effects of hyaluronic acid.
Which I liked.
✔ My lips have become nourished, I have completely rid my lips of dryness and tightness, even in winter and even in the wind.
✔ In a short time I was able to change the shape of my lips and make them more expressive.
✔ My lips have increased in volume, but I haven't turned into a duck.
✔ The product stays in the lip tissue long enough.
✔ There are no allergic reactions, the Juviderm product sits in the lips like a natural fit. It doesn't spread anywhere, it doesn't protrude beyond the contour.
✔ And I finally started using lipstick for my own pleasure! Now lipstick doesn't look ridiculous on my lips. Before, I hardly ever wore lipstick, except with hygienic lipstick or clear gloss. Also, my self-esteem has improved, I like my reflection in the mirror more, etc.
Aesthetic cosmetology provides several options, which vary in price and the products used. The optimum method can be chosen in consultation with your physician.
THE MOST POPULAR DRUGS:
- Juvederm (USA). Histologically tested, fully biocompatible with human skin and contains an anaesthetic. The most comfortable and safest series of fillers.
- Restylane (Sweden). It belongs to the medium price segment. The gel fights wrinkles and moisturises well. However, it does not show its effect immediately, but only after a few days.
- Teosyal (Switzerland). The brand uses highly purified raw materials that minimise the risk of allergic reactions. The brand's filler is highly stable due to the particular strength of the active ingredient molecules.
- Novacutan (France). A unique product containing not only hyaluronic acid but also optically pure amino acids, which form a complex. Excellent for combating the signs of ageing.
- Belotero (Germany). Created using a special patented technology that guarantees long-lasting results and safety. The gel-like filler penetrates easily into the tissues, but is not prone to migration.
One or the other medication is selected only by the doctor depending on the individual case and the result the patient wants.
Botox lip injections are a widespread myth. Lip augmentation with calcium hydroxyapatite-based products, biogels and other 'fillers' can be dangerous to your health!
Before and after photos
Lip augmentation reviews by cosmetologists
In the absence of contraindications, lip contouring, lip augmentation and lip shape correction with hyaluronic acid can be performed on men and women of any age, all seasons.
Types of procedures
Aesthetic medicine has to keep up with the times. We follow the latest fashion trends, so we offer clients the most popular and current types of lip augmentation.
- Linear methodology The introduction of the filler is a classic in this field. The beautician distributes the product over the entire contour without going beyond the natural border of the lips. The lips themselves are then filled. The patient ends up with bright, clear contours and an even and symmetrical volume.
- Hollywood technique The introduction of the filler accentuates the upper lip. It is visibly enlarged, lifts, and a 'cupid's bow' is created.
- French technique makes "bow lips". The filler is injected perpendicular to the contour without affecting the corners. The result is bright but not gaudy.
The way in which the lips are reshaped and enlarged depends on the client's wishes and individual facial features. The cosmetic surgeon will select the optimum technique, taking into account the client's physical appearance and personal experience.
Contouring and lip augmentation - instant natural volume and elimination of defects. Permanent effect of rejuvenation and correction without surgery and rehabilitation period. Conducted by leading Russian dermatocosmetic doctors without pain or complications.
A neatly contoured, moderately plump and sensual lip is every woman's dream. Beautiful lips are an eye-catcher and the first thing the opposite sex turns its attention to. But what if insidious Mother Nature didn't give you regal lips?
Fortunately, thanks to aesthetic medicine, it is now possible to correct almost any defect in appearance without major interference in the body.
The lip contouring procedure has long been one of the most popular treatments in clinics, as just one visit will allow you to show the world your lips at their best! The procedure will give your lips a lush and vibrant appearance without changing their natural shape; it will increase or restore your lips to their former volume and firmness, which are bound to diminish with age; it will help you to better contour your lips or correct them by giving them a charming swell and making them more expressive; and it will eliminate the annoying, unattractive wrinkles around your lips.
The whole process takes no more than 15-30 minutes. The main steps of the procedure are
- Decontamination and anaesthesia. Modern antiseptics and anaesthetics (cream or injectable solution) are used.
- Injection of the product with a fine needle. The number of injections depends on the procedure technique, the surface area and the individual's characteristics.
- Massage the injection area to distribute the product evenly. Ideally, the skin is massaged after each injection.
- At the end of the procedure, the doctor and the patient evaluate the result and talk about possible delayed side effects and what to do to prevent unwanted consequences.
Lip augmentation with hyaluronic acid not only allows you to achieve the desired volume, but also to reduce radial wrinkles (crow's feet) and raise the corners of your mouth. In addition, the injections help to correct the expression of certain defects, for example, when one lip is significantly larger than the other.
Just one session will allow you to see noticeable improvements on the same day: all facial features will become more attractive and harmonious.
The use of innovative correction techniques with hyaluronic acid-based preparations and the fine work of our specialists allow us to achieve the most natural-looking results. Perfectly shaped lips look beautiful and appealing, and you can see for yourself!